Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber
Enhance your body’s natural ability to heal by breathing in 100% oxygen at pressures lower than sea level. This treatment delivers the oxygen that every cell in your body craves to repair and enhance cellular function. In turn, it stimulates the growth of new blood vessels, improving circulation. The entire process also encourages the release of stem cells, which are vital to help you achieve long-term optimal healing.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) involves breathing pure oxygen in a pressurised environment. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is a well-established treatment for over 300 years. Many health conditions including serious infections, bubbles of air in your blood vessels, and wounds that may not heal as a result of diabetes or radiation injury.
In a hyperbaric oxygen therapy chamber, the air pressure is increased two to three times higher than normal air pressure. Under these conditions, your lungs can gather much more oxygen than would be possible breathing pure oxygen at normal air pressure.
When your blood carries this extra oxygen throughout your body, this helps fight bacteria and stimulate the release of substances called growth factors and stem cells, which promote healing.
Benefits of HBOT
- Stimulate the natural healing process and immunity
- Boost vitality, heighten concentration and memory
- Reduce fatigue and improve energy levels, stamina and endurance
- Improve cell rejuvenation and help with anti-aging strategies
- Remove the sensation of brain fog and jet lag
- Fight infections, eliminate toxins and debris
- Reactivate skin cells and improve blood circulation
What Conditions Are Treated With Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)?
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy can treat a wide variety of illnesses, injuries, and other conditions including:
- Non-healing wounds or chronic wounds
- Thermal burn / injury caused by fire or heat
- Concussion & Traumatic Brain Injury
- chronic pain, especially fibromyalgia syndrome, complex regional pain syndrome, myofascial pain syndrome, migraine, and cluster headaches.
Risks, Side Effects, & Recovery
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) is a natural treatment without many associated risks or side effects. It is one of the safest medical treatments offered. Only in rare cases do patients experience negative effects.
Fortunately, with HBOT, there are only a few mild and temporary side effects. These may include:
- Ear and/or lung barotrauma (injury caused by heightened air pressure)
- Temporary changes in vision
- Low blood sugar
HBOT is not a surgical operation and there is no recovery time needed after each session.